The Fenix E05 is a super compact flashlight that is small enough to hang off a keychain or lanyard, but still provide the bright light and durability of a much larger flashlight. For a great everyday carry flashlight that offers the convenience of multiple modes and ease of use, as well as 3 flashy colors, look no further.
- Everyday carry flashlight
- 8 lumens on low
- 85 lumens on high
- 14.5 hours on low, 4.25 hours on mid, 1 hour on high
- 1 x AAA battery
- 3 modes including low, mid and high, twisting head switch
- 45 meters
- 0.44 ounces
- 2.6 inches in length, 0.5 inches in diameter
- Aircraft-grade aluminum with a premium type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish, CREE XP-E2 LED
- Dark black, amethyst violet, or sapphire blue body
- Key ring, lanyard, O-rings
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Impact resistant 1 meter
- IPX-8 waterproof up to 2 meters, digitally regulated output, flat tail stand capability, 505 candela
- Released August 29, 2014
The Fenix E05 can be compared to the Streamlight Nano and the Olight I3S flashlights.
The Streamlight Nano is super compact at only 1.47 inches in length and 0.5 inches in diameter, and is only 0.36 ounces, which is much smaller than the Fenix E05. The Nano uses 4 alkaline button cells in place of the more convenient AAA battery, and though it has an 8 hour runtime, it only has 1 light setting of 10 lumens. It also only comes in black.
The Olight I3S has the same 3 modes as the Fenix e05, but it includes a strobe as well. It has a reversible pocket clip which can be used on belts, hats, or anywhere else you choose, and a keychain for added convenience. It uses the same AAA battery as the Fenix model, but has a lower lumen output at only 80 lumens, and the beam range is shorter at 38 meters.
These 3 mini flashlights are all great for the purpose they serve, and are convenient to have on you at all times in case of an emergency. But the Fenix E05 comes out on top in numerous ways, making it the best EDC LED flashlight reviewed.
The Fenix E05 has been rated 4.7 stars. It is so small and lightweight that it can be carried in a pocket or on a keychain with ease, and is perfect as an EDC light for short walks, home use, or as a light to guide you around your campsite. But don’t let its size fool you. It is highly durable, and may just last longer than you do.
- Keychain or lanyard carry options
- IPX-8 waterproof rating
- Not for use as a tactical light