The Maglite XL50 is a super compact, lightweight, tactical flashlight with 3 modes and 5 color options. It is easy to use, fits nicely into a pocket or bag, and has a powerful LED beam that will light up even the darkest night. Though durable enough to be used in any tactical situation, it is small enough to be an everyday carry flashlight.
- Compact LED AAA Flashlight
- 50 lumens on low
- 200 lumens on high
- 25 hours on low, 6.75 hours on high
- 3 x AAA Cell Alkaline Batteries (included)
- 3 modes, including low, high and emergency safety strobe, push button tailcap switch
- 224 meters
- 5 available colors (listed below)
- 3.68 ounces with batteries
- 4.8 inches in length, 1 inch in diameter
- Aluminum alloy with anodized finish
- Available in Black, Blue, Red, Silver and Gray
- Nylon belt holster, Pocket clip and tool
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Impact resistant up to 1 meter
- IPX-4 water resistant, “Spot-to-Flood” adjustable LED beam, corrosion resistant, intelligent energy source management, certified by the National Tactical Officers Association (NTOA), peak beam intensity of 12,533 candela
- First available on January 17, 2011
The Maglite XL50 can be compared with 2 of Maglite’s other models, the XL100 and the XL200. All three Maglite models are the same size and weight, use the same materials in their construction, and have the same impact and water resistant ratings. The difference lies in their lumen output, peak beam intensity, range, and color options.
The XL100 only has a max lumen level of 105 lumens, though it adds SOS and signal light features. Its peak beam intensity is 7916 candela, and it does not have the silver color option that the XL50 offers. The XL100 also has a lower beam range at only 178 meters.
The XL200 cut out the silver option as well. Its maximum lumen level is 172 lumens, closer to the XL50 than the XL100, but still below by 28 lumens. The XL200 also includes the SOS and signal lights, but it only has a peak beam intensity of 4737 candela and a range of 138 meters.
Though alike in so many ways, the XL 50 comes out on top due to a few key features, making it the best of the three.
The XL50 has earned its rating of 4.6 stars. It’s amazingly compact, durable, and great for both tactical and everyday use. It is so simple to use, even a child can handle it, but it is powerful and strong enough for even the most difficult trails and adventures.
- 5 color options
- NTOA certified
- Not rechargeable