This ultra-compact LED light is small enough to carry in a pocket or a bag, and when fully charged, is ready to go in any situation. The integral battery is rechargeable, eliminating the need for external batteries.
The Sidekick has multiple settings, so it can be used to light the way home, or to help find a car’s keyhole in a dark parking lot.
Its size and convenience makes it a great accessory for everyone who steps out at night, and it is so simple to use that even the smallest child can manage it, lighting the way when Mom and Dad’s hands are full.
Now please keep in mind, that this is not a tactical light that matches up to the big boys that we are used to out there, BUT perform for you it will! I would highly suggest you add one to your arsenal.
- Ultra-compact, variable-output LED flashlight
- 5 lumens minimum
- 300 lumens maximum
- 1.25 hours on high, 4 hours on medium, and 45 hours on low
- Integral Lithium-ion battery, which can be recharged using the micro-USB charging port. Only 3 hours of charging to get 90% battery capacity.
- Click-type switch, which changes light level with repeated clicks
- Over 50 meters beam range
- 1.2 ounces
- 2.5 inches in length, 1.3 inches in width
- Lightweight polymer
- It features a split ring, making it easy to attach to keys or carabiner clips. The Lightkeeper-A 24” retractable cord with clip is for sale separately, and can attach to a belt loop or purse strap for easy access to the Sidekick.
- One year from date of purchase
- Though lightweight, the quality construction makes this flashlight extremely durable.
- Weather resistant, Smooth MaxVision Beam that is optimized for the human eye, Micro USB charging port
- First available for purchase on March 1, 2016
There are two other SureFire flashlights that are quite similar to the Sidekick. The first is the Titan Plus, which offers only two light settings, the maximum of which is the same as the Sidekick’s, though the low setting is a bit brighter at 15 lumens.
The original Titan has three settings, the high being 125 lumens, the medium at 75, and the low at 15, and it has a cool nickel-plated brass body that is scratch-resistant.
Both are compact, professional-grade keychain flashlights, though they require external batteries rather than Sidekick’s internal rechargeable one.
They are durable, stylish, and come with keyring attachments, and depending on your light needs, both are handy for all situations, and simple to use.
This tiny rechargeable flashlight has earned its 5 star rating, thanks to its convenient size, its waterproof body, and its charging capability that removes the need for batteries. It is a great alternative to a larger, heavier flashlight, and it is made in the USA.
Though the price seems a bit high when compared to larger flashlights with higher lumens, the tiny, long-lasting, easy to use Sidekick is well worth the money, and will last for years.
- Integral rechargeable battery
- Keyring attachment
- Must be plugged into a computer to recharge
- Not for tactical use